– Offered on a Saturday or Sunday only 1-4pm
– No more than 10 kids to a class with 2-3 instructors present
Young Bakers class: ages 7 – 12 (can be left unaccompanied)
Teen Bakers class: ages 13 – 17 (unaccompanied)
WE WILL SUPPLY:
Aprons and bakers hats. The kids will love to look like a real baker!
TOPICS WE HOPE TO COVER:
- First and foremost…. WE’LL BE HAVING FUN!
- Proper kitchen safety. And don’t worry parents, we’ll be handling the ovens.
- Familiarization with utensils and equipment
- Basic ingredients and their role (basic chemistry)
- Ovens, times and temperature effects on baking
- Preservatives vs no-preservatives
- We may even have time for a cookie contest!
2-3 basic cookie recipes
a cookie that they create themselves with given ingredients
SAFETY WE WILL STRESS:
Check out our other classes: